Hey y'all!
Its been a minute since I last blogged but IM BACK!!
For todays topic Im talking about something that is literally engraved in me. I don't know a life without it.
WRITING.
In all honesty it goes pretty hand in hand with reading but I think that the process of writing and allowing your imagination to make its way out of your mind and into something is so ugh!!!! its AMAZING!
I have a fanfic that Ive been working on for some time but Im rather inconsistent with it. I love it and love all the ideas that I have for it, I just want something new. I don't necessarily like the love interest as much as I once did but I still love the main character and don't want to give up on her.
She has an amazing story and so much potential to be amazing. Its just so demotivating that I know my writing is good, and I know how much potential the story has.
I also have like three story ideas which are all fanfics, but I feel like two have the most potential on them, and they are both Harry Potter fics. Do people even read Harry Potter fanfics anymore I don't even know.
They are all OC because I feel like with all the "X Readers" or even other OC's, none of the characters match the description of a black girl. It was so discouraging growing up considering I didn't have straight hair to put in a messy bun and I wasn't petite.
I want someone to read my story, see a character that looks like them, and finally feel included in something.
Fanfics are fun and easy but maybe someday in the future I can make my own story that will be published outside of Wattpad. Anyways I know this is pretty all over the place yet short at the same time.
BAII!!!!

hiii, love this post! what is your writing process like? i like the idea of writing books bc i love to read but i find it difficult so i really admire people who can do it! also yes i agree with your thoughts on x reader fics!!! i feel like when I would read those i changed myself in my imagination to fit the writers description (does that make sense lol?) and i just eventually stopped reading them. so i think it's great that you want others to feel represented in your writing!!
ReplyDeleteyes that defiantly makes sense! I kinda don't have a set process, if I have an idea I think of the plot and as I start writing it out more ideas begin to stem from it. Character traits, tics, behaviors all just stem from the situation of the character and how I think someone could react in a situation like that. Im also not really consistent with my writing so I don't know how well my advice is. TYSM for commenting though <333
ReplyDelete