Monday, August 3, 2026

Senior Year (yikes!)

 Hey Y'all!



I am devastated that it is august already. Like no its getting too serious. Now I actually have to think about what to write for my college essay, I need to look at a bunch of other essays, I have to sign up or the S flipping AT's like I do NOT want to do all of that. Not to mention my AP French summer work like why do I have summer work for AP French?! Granted it is an AP class so it kinda makes sense on why its more demanding, but still!!

The entire thought of actually prepping for college's is stressing me out so much I'm not able to sit here and soak in the fact that I'm entering my last year of high school. It felt like just last year I was sitting in the auditorium of my school during my freshman orientation scoffing at the principle who said that these next years would go by in a blink of an eye. :( 

Now here I am, wondering where all the time went. I feel old and creaky! No shade if you're past this point in your life, the concept of people being past their senior year or even older isn't out of the ordinary until I'm actually experiencing it.

You spend so many years thinking of how you'll look at that time, and who you'll be around, but when you actually get there and it feels like no time has passed since then it's so surreal.

And I know "You're being dramatic" and "This is what growing up means", the words of my dad, but still! I know much has changed but I still feel like a 12 year old! It's just mind boggling that Im turning 18 next year. Me?! Eighteen?! An actual adult? No, this can't be!

In all seriousness, Im also just scared to step into senior year after one of the worst school years in my entire life. Every single thing about it was horrible. Without a firm foundation in Christ I don't know if I would've made it, no lie. 

I don't want all the negativity from junior year to seep into senior year so I'm trying my hardest to "Keep calm and trust God". I know that Jesus had plans to give me hope and a future so I just need to take a deeeeeep breath.

*inhale*

*long exhale*

And remember that its going to be a good year! I definitely shouldn't get stuck in my daydreaming and not tackle these tasks, because I tend to mesh thinking positive with living in my happy daydreams. So yes, get all my work done but also have hope that this year will be a good, memorable year.

Plus I'm going shopping on the 12th so that's a major plus!!

Okay its wayyyy past my bedtime and I really need some sleep, but I hope y'all have an amazing day!

Ta Ta for now cuties! Toodles!

- Lii  ᥫ᭡.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boreddd

 Hey yall, I know it’s been over a month, and trust me I’ve missed this, but I was in a really rough spot but we’re back now!! Honestly, the...